Saturday, February 2, 2008

MUSIC!! MUSIC!! MUSIC!!

I've been blogging for a little while now, and it occurred to me that not one of my blogs has focused on music...... So if you're interested, or even if you're not interested, here's the first of my music blogs..... Even though I spent most of my life in music, those rumors that were circulating that I once jammed with John Phillip Sousa were bogus....I haven't been around quite that long....But he did have a back-stage pass! I've played Jazz, (small group and big band) and have overcome the snobbery that went with that.....R&B...Rock, and every type of ethnic music you can imagine..... I went from tuxes and suits to jeans and the fuzzy-do you see in my photo....Yes folks I was a six foot one brunette dandelion..... Now, however, to cut down on wind resistance on the treadmill, I shaved it all off!! So while people are combing, primping and blow drying their hair...I simply take out a can of Old English, and polish my head!
The reason that I even bring this up is that some people tended to judge your music by what you were wearing instead of what you were playing. I never got that memo, so when I wore a tank top while drumming, I wasn't trying to be sexy, I was trying not to be stinky!! I didn't want the sea-gulls circling while I drummed!!! (If ya get my drift!) I was being called enough names....didn't want to add "STINKY BOBBY" to the mix!! With me it was always about the music! Either the music was good..or it was bad.. Also it was a matter of taste... and I don't cling to the past, my clothes do....But that's another story. Wow there's SO much great new music out there and great new artists, we should at the very least give them a shot! Clinging to the past makes you go backwards. Me I like forward motion.... Keeps ya young!!! If you'd like to view some of my musical history go to
www.freeflowingsalt.com ..it's a TRIP!!
Oh by the way...the "BOYS" downtown, (I think you know who I'm talking about) are calling me "BOBBY BLOGS!!" That's what they wanna call me, who am I to argue?? So from now on, I'll be doing "BIG BAD BOBBY BLOGS! veRY sCaRy!
In future blogs I'll try to cover different types of music and platforms... My next music blog will cover Bands on line...Podcasting.
Love to hear from you!! Comments welcomed!!

No comments: